Welcome Guest!
WIn order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
What's the process for design reviews (public and city) for ION roadway reconstruction.

A bit concerned that regional planners will forget about cyclists Smile
Your best bet is to contact Kim Moser; Manager, Community Relations at Rapid Transit at Region of Waterloo. In addition, TriTAG would likely be interested in any concerns you have and through its membership may be able to answer a few questions you may have and relay any concerns.
LRT construction in Uptown is now underway! Caroline is now closed from Allen to William and there is a buzz of activity around the site.

I'll try to snag some pics later today.
LRT Construction Results In Caroline Street Closure In Waterloo
September 30, 2014 | Record Staff | Waterloo Region Record | Link
Quote: WATERLOO REGION — Construction for the Ion light rail transit project has created its first road closure.

Workers started digging up Caroline Street, between Allen and William streets, at 6 a.m. Tuesday, said Kim Moser, spokesperson for the Ion transit system.

"This is the first part of the project that is going to impact pedestrians and traffic," she said.

Is it to late to change the rail cars to these cool ones? 

Russia's new tram is a Batmobile on the outside, tech hub on the inside

I'll check if it's to late with Mr. Aissa and Mr. MacDonald.  Big Grin
I took these two pictures on Tuesday - sign is from the Laurel Trail and construction is on Caroline at William. So excited to see construction happening!

[Image: IMG_20140930_171739_zps6370febd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140930_172454_zps79587289.jpg]
(10-02-2014, 10:20 AM)kwliving Wrote: Is it to late to change the rail cars to these cool ones? 

That's amazing!  Get it here now!
(10-02-2014, 10:20 AM)kwliving Wrote: Is it to late to change the rail cars to these cool ones? 

Wow! *blinks* 
Not sure if it's still the case during the day, but the signage in the area that indicated that Caroline was closed from William to Allen should have said, "Caroline closed from Alexandra to Allen" to reflect the big hole in the Caroline/William intersection. How have/were the buses that turn on the Erb/King/William/Caroline block rerouted?
Where do you think the first new RAILS and TIES will be placed for the LRT?  Maintenance building, CN rail line Waterloo, Caroline, Borden, or else where?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »