Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
With the deviations from the patterns in the published documents, I'm just really hoping no kind-of-but-not-really-Swastikas accidentally get installed.

(Reference)
(04-18-2017, 03:01 PM)KevinL Wrote: Speaking of station walls, Mill is having its installed as I type this.

Nice....

I sorta like the designs they're using. Pretty cool for the most part. I don't like, though, the logo's in both corners. The ION logo isn't horrible, but the GRT design needs a refresh. IMHO, of course.
The GRT logo is less than 20 years old. That's a pretty short lifetime for a logo.
Waterloo Public Square station framing is up:

Queen station got its anchor wall (already partially covered by the hoarding). I like the orange and blue colours (sorry, no pictures was riding at the time).
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
I think you just mean the protective wooden enclosure - I believe "hoarding" is just for the warming tents for the concrete, isn't it?

Lettering is going up at Kitchener Market, too.

So, Courtland/Block Line had received a "revision"... a massive crossing arm has recently been installed, with the base sandwiched just beyond the right turn lane from Courtland to Block Line. It's... interesting.

Weather looks crap for the next couple of days so likely no photos from me.
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
I think it can refer to any kind of temporary enclosure.
The lettering was going up on the anchor wall at the hospital this morning.
(04-19-2017, 05:44 AM)jamincan Wrote: I think it can refer to any kind of temporary enclosure.

Indeed, the most common use is the scaffold-and-plywood barriers at the edge of a major construction site.
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
Thanks - had no idea! This project is the first time I've ever heard the word, aside from the TLC usage. Smile
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
BREAKING NEWS: Metrolinx shouldn't be allowed to terminate its $770 million contract with Bombardier, a judge has ruled.
In a highly anticipated decision, the court has granted Bombardier an injunction that prevents Metrolinx from terminating the $770 million deal for light rail vehicles.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/04...tract.html
Yep! It was the right decision - the only decision, really. Metrolinx' games of trying to figure out (unethical and dishonest) ways to get out of the contract (because they have too many trains on order due to Toronto not being able to make up its mind on what it's going to build) were totally obvious.
Maybe we can take some trains off their hands for a significant discount for phase 2 Smile
^ I like that idea!!

(And seriously - that is a very likely outcome! Hamilton's vote had better go "Yes" today, too - coz they might get some nice discounted trains as well.)
(04-19-2017, 11:33 AM)Canard Wrote: ^ I like that idea!!

(And seriously - that is a very likely outcome!  Hamilton's vote had better go "Yes" today, too - coz they might get some nice discounted trains as well.)

It's already discounted. The province is footing the entire bill.
(04-19-2017, 11:58 AM)Markster Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 11:33 AM)Canard Wrote: ^ I like that idea!!

(And seriously - that is a very likely outcome!  Hamilton's vote had better go "Yes" today, too - coz they might get some nice discounted trains as well.)

It's already discounted. The province is footing the entire bill.

So if Hamilton decides they don't want LRT, maybe we can take the train sets off their hands at the same price!