Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-30-2017, 04:22 PM)Canard Wrote: 502 has arrived in Waterloo Region!!

Great news, thanks for the photo!

Is this at Lancaster yard?

It is! Heading up the Spur Line on Monday night.
Does the over-height/over-width sensor along the spur also detect something dragging on the bottom?

I only noticed this flap-like piece immediately north of the sensor structure today:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(10-01-2017, 03:51 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Does the over-height/over-width sensor along the spur also detect something dragging on the bottom?

I only noticed this flap-like piece immediately north of the sensor structure today:

I think that's a dragging equipment detector.

http://www.bst-tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-re...31.asp#a25
(10-01-2017, 04:04 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 03:51 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Does the over-height/over-width sensor along the spur also detect something dragging on the bottom?

I think that's a dragging equipment detector.

http://www.bst-tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-re...31.asp#a25

It is a dragging equipment detector. There is equipment on the shared freight/ION section that could be damaged if dragging equipment from freight trains goes by it.
(10-01-2017, 09:50 AM)Canard Wrote: It is! Heading up the Spur Line on Monday night.

...uh, it’s not in the Lancaster yard anymore! Confused

It’s also not at the OMSF (or further North) as the Derail device is on the Spur Line.

Any eyes in Stratford?!
(10-01-2017, 05:52 PM)Canard Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 09:50 AM)Canard Wrote: It is! Heading up the Spur Line on Monday night.

...uh, it’s not in the Lancaster yard anymore!  Confused

Well it could have been taken to Courtland Yard, to Stratford or taken up the spur and hidden somewhere for Monday.

where is the Lancaster yard exactly? I can't find it on google maps...
(10-01-2017, 06:05 PM)urbd Wrote: where is the Lancaster yard exactly? I can't find it on google maps...

Lancaster/ Victoria area
(10-01-2017, 06:05 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 05:52 PM)Canard Wrote: ...uh, it’s not in the Lancaster yard anymore!  Confused

Well it could have been taken to Courtland Yard, to Stratford or taken up the spur and hidden somewhere for Monday.

No, it couldn't have gone up the Waterloo Spur.  I checked out the OMSF earlier and it wasn't there, and the derail device is on the Spur Line trail!

Why would it go to Courtland?  My bets are on Stratford - if the LRV was in the middle of a train, it might have to go out that way first, then come back.  It might even be in London!

When were you at the Lancaster yard? I saw it behind Superior Memorial at about 2:30pm.

I only had the background of your photo and few others I had come across online to guide me and actually had a hard time finding it.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
5:45pm or so. I'm also very willing to accept I somehow missed it, but we circled around Lancaster, Victoria, and Wellington for about 15 minutes, just to make absolutely sure!
Magic!

(10-01-2017, 09:19 PM)KevinL Wrote: Magic!

Not magic - more likely I am wrong! Occam’s Razor and all that.

I tried to see this morning but it was too dark when I left home.
So, any confirmation of where it is now?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »