Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-05-2017, 08:01 AM)Canard Wrote: They’ve painted them yellow now, but they’ve left the cones/barrels up in most places - probably will remove them at the last possible moment.

I know they added a splash of yellow paint, but it really doesn't do much, especially for the one that starts at King heading west on Columbia. The alignment of the intersection and minimal grade of the cut make it very easy to miss if you don't know it's there. I suspect people will be driving up on it again once the traffic cones are removed.

(12-05-2017, 06:28 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 08:01 AM)Canard Wrote: They’ve painted them yellow now, but they’ve left the cones/barrels up in most places - probably will remove them at the last possible moment.

I know they added a splash of yellow paint, but it really doesn't do much, especially for the one that starts at King heading west on Columbia. The alignment of the intersection and minimal grade of the cut make it very easy to miss if you don't know it's there. I suspect people will be driving up on it again once the traffic cones are removed.

If the Queen’s Quay streetcar tunnel in Toronto is any guide, it will take much more than a bit of yellow paint. About every other week they’re pulling a car out of there. I wonder if anybody has ever installed railway crossing gates across the tracks, controlled so that they go up when the train comes, rather than down? Or maybe we need those retractable bollards? Those would be good on King St. at the freight track also.
(12-05-2017, 09:41 AM)Canard Wrote: 504 has left Millhaven!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
(12-05-2017, 07:18 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 09:41 AM)Canard Wrote: 504 has left Millhaven!

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

Based on video i saw that I can't seem to find anymore, it should be in Mac Yard by now.
1/1 - Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Special thanks to KevinT, who posted in the facebook group that 502 was out on the move! It was under the Weber St. Bridge, and moved into the yard. The robot pulled it back into the OMSF. I suspect I must have just caught the tail end of the activities for the day. This was around noon.

Nice pics! I haven't yet attended one of the open house tours (or to be honest, closely looked at a floorplan) but are all the seating arrangements like what's shown in the second pic? Lots of legroom!
Here's a video of 504 passing through Belleville from the Facebook group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SwCKQzEMjE&t=1h34m12s

(12-04-2017, 02:05 PM)Canard Wrote: Media event in Millhaven has been postponed till tomorrow.

Why am I not surprised?

What did they end up showing off?
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
It's still postponed, for unknown reasons.

(“Why am I not surprised” is a bit harsh. You have no idea if one of the key reporters fell ill or something and couldn’t make it.)
(12-05-2017, 05:16 PM)creative Wrote: There must have been a full moon reciently!

It was a full moon on December 3!
(12-06-2017, 08:41 AM)Canard Wrote: It's still postponed, for unknown reasons.

(“Why am I not surprised” is a bit harsh. You have no idea if one of the key reporters fell ill or something and couldn’t make it.)

I think the comment above (hinting at the fact they cannot meet any deadline) seems fair, esp. considering very few things have met the expected dates. 

Can't think of a media event cancelled because a reporter was ill.  Just send another reporter....

Coke

504 has arrived!

(12-06-2017, 05:46 PM)Canard Wrote: 504 has arrived!

Just in time for tonight's train!!! (hopefully)
So we have 502 and 504 now? Did 501 get shipped back?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »