Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-30-2015, 11:58 AM)Canard Wrote: That's not really true though, because we don't know where our 14 trains sat in Metrolinx' overall ECT+ion order.

Any time I have asked the team, the schedule was that the first of our trains would arrive in the fall of 2016, and that hasn't changed. 

We're supposed to be getting the first production trains, as we have the earliest in service date of any of the projects in the Metrolinx order. There's actually an agreement between Metrolinx and the Region of Waterloo to do perform some of the initial acceptance testing for the entire order on the Waterloo spur. That's why the spur line tracks are so far ahead of the rest of the project, they need to be in service (electrified, etc) for late 2016 rather than 2017.

You're right that the delivery date hasn't changed, and that's what I meant by there's a year of slack in the schedule. But it's definitely concerning that the prototypes are a year late, and that Bombardier is having assembly issues with them. That's what I mean by they're not technically "our trains", only the prototypes for our trains. But they're still a key part of the order for our trains, and they're behind schedule.

Outhit already knows about this, and has talked about this. I'm not concerned about what he's going to write.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by taylortbb - 07-30-2015, 12:18 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM