Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-18-2015, 09:09 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: I think it closed March 23, 2015 which means they expected it to reopen in September of 2016, but they haven't even started yet.

King Street "closed" around March or so, but you could still drive over the tracks.  They only finally terminated all access across the tracks a few weeks ago.  They had a 3-week period where they had to wait between the closing and any work, as per Transport Canada regulations, and they also probably have to wait for the new tail track switch on Park to be completed for GO before they can do any work at the underpass.  They're probably also doing lots of "invisible" work that just isn't so obvious.

I too am confused by the Seagram setup. There are lots of spots though along the line that I'm finding are quite a bit different from what I would have expected to see, based on the plans. I've had a tab opened permanently on my phone with the Region's PDF's for the Functional Design Plans for a year or two now. Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 09-18-2015, 10:28 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM