Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-20-2015, 08:23 PM)Drake Wrote: Further, one has to ask in what scenario are the people who are working at R&T riding the Ion. I am seeing some residential access in Kitchener and specifically the new density in the condos going up in the core. Otherwise, is the thought really that high tech workers are going to drive to a park and go type set up and ride the train to work, or are they expected to grab a bus and transfer onto the Ion?

I don't see that this is different than people commuting anywhere else on ION, other than the way the R&T Park is sprawled out. And yes, I can picture a quite realistic scenario of people choosing to live in downtown Kitchener or uptown Waterloo, and take the train to work there. It's only a ten-minute walk from the LRT stop to most offices there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by mpd618 - 09-21-2015, 12:35 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM