Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Benton was complete today! All that's left to do is reactivate the traffic lights and move the barriers. Looks phenomenal. The first big intersection down!

[Image: BcofFN8.jpg]

[Image: EEXep9U.jpg]

Looking down Charles. You can see they're prepping the NB curbs down to Eby.Didn't actually go to Eby, so I'm not sure if they go farther, but I doubt it; Cedar is still torn up. The Cedar station has started to become framed though!

[Image: EAI86T2.jpg]

Pandora / Charles is torn up as well. I think they're adjusting the slope here, now that the retaining wall is done.

All curbs are officially in on Charles between Stirling / Borden. The first directionally-divided road to have all it's curbs finished.

On King: large metal hydro poles (like the ones they replaced with in front of GRH) are lying down from Wellington onwards. I guess they'll be doing those too?

The front entrance to KCI has been completely graded down now. They'll start the stairs soon, I assume.

They've started boring holes for cat poles in front of GRH.

I forgot to pay attention: when turning right from Union E onto King S, is there still that separate turning segment? Or is that gone, and it's a standard 4 way intersection now? I'd like to update Google Maps to reflect.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by GtwoK - 11-18-2015, 08:36 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM