Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-28-2016, 08:27 PM)D40LF Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 04:51 PM)Markster Wrote: Route 9 really is going to need some updating in the post-ION world, but I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do with it.  The road network and station placement really do not work well together.
Plans from years ago called for route 9 to be rerouted through the R & T Park with a new route between UW and Northlake via Hazel, Albert, and Weber

Isn't that what the route 9 late night loop already does?

GRT seems to be fairly incremental about the system wide changes; I expect that will continue. I don't think we will go to bed one night and the next morning when Ion is up and running have a completely different network.

I think after the #7 rationalization takes place they could probably re-route the 201 from King/Columbia to follow the current 200's route through Northfield/Parkside/North campus; especially if we end up with an "express" 7 going straight down King.

I could also see an new express running from the Boardwalk north, up Erbsville and across Conservation down Westmount and across Northfield and down Weber, especially once that Beaver Meadows District is built out.

Recognizing that I am also contributing, but perhaps this conversation needs to be moved over to the GRT thread; it is drifting a little bit off of Ion.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Pheidippides - 01-29-2016, 11:55 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM