Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-08-2014, 04:51 PM)plam Wrote: Between William and the Iron Horse, the bike path is the sidewalk. The infrastructure is sending mixed signals here (and will be different post-construction as well).

I was referring to the section of Caroline between Erb and William, but in any case:

CITY OF WATERLOO BY-LAW NO. 08 –077
Quote:Part IV - General
1. Operation of Vehicles
(a) Driving on a Boulevard, Sidewalk or Multi-Use Trail
i. No person shall drive a motor vehicle or a motor-assisted vehicle on any boulevard, sidewalk or multi-use trail except on a driveway;
ii. No person shall drive a bicycle having a wheel or wheels more than 50 centimetres in diameter or ride a skateboard on any boulevard or sidewalk except on a driveway.
iii. No person shall drive a motorized snow vehicle within the City.

The "Coles Notes" version: Happy Cycling
Quote:Sidewalks are for kids and pedestrians!
• Kids can ride on the sidewalk. Adults have to ride on the road
• Some roads have a lot of cars. Use Google bike directions for a bike-friendly route
P.S. I don't see any exceptions for construction. 
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ookpik - 11-08-2014, 05:14 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM