Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-12-2015, 11:16 PM)mpd618 Wrote: The problem with "those are my tax dollars, dammit" attitudes is that it comes at the dignity of riders. Apparently it's OK for a public service to be degrading because it's public.

Degrading?  Hyperbole much?  

I'm fine with saying ads shouldn't impede the view (for safety/usability reasons) but the idea that having to look at ads is a degrading experience is absolutely absurd.  

(01-12-2015, 11:16 PM)mpd618 Wrote: The image that an ad-cluttered bus system conveys is undignified. When most people are driving personal cars that don't have much more than bumper stickers, riding around in a moving billboard is not exactly very appealing. Moreover, transit buses essentially advertise the transit service itself, but they are a whole lot less useful at this task when the bus says "Kitchener Honda" instead of "Grand River Transit" with distinctive livery.

I think people will still know its a bus.  

(01-12-2015, 11:16 PM)mpd618 Wrote: All of you who think exterior ads on buses are just dandy if it brings in any amount of money - would you like to see those big ION windows covered in wraps too? How about school buses?

School buses are yellow for safety reasons for kids but I'd be quite happy to see ads on the ION as well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by SammyOES - 01-13-2015, 05:22 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM