Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-13-2015, 05:22 PM)SammyOES Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 11:16 PM)mpd618 Wrote: The problem with "those are my tax dollars, dammit" attitudes is that it comes at the dignity of riders. Apparently it's OK for a public service to be degrading because it's public.

Degrading?  Hyperbole much?  

I'm fine with saying ads shouldn't impede the view (for safety/usability reasons) but the idea that having to look at ads is a degrading experience is absolutely absurd.

I was responding to discussion of a bus wrap that incorporated the passengers - that I do consider potentially degrading.

And no, it isn't having to look at ads that is degrading, it's being forced to ride in a moving billboard. The ads on the inside of the bus don't bother me as much, because they are not affecting the externally-perceived image of the bus.

(01-13-2015, 05:22 PM)SammyOES Wrote: I think people will still know its a bus. 

Knowing that it's a bus is nowhere near as useful as knowing (whether you're interested or not) that it's a Grand River Transit bus. There's lots of buses out there, but it's a whole lot more apparent when you see a distinctive GO Transit bus go by than when you see a Grand River Transit bus. That adds up to better awareness of the brand and the service.

(01-13-2015, 05:22 PM)SammyOES Wrote: School buses are yellow for safety reasons for kids but I'd be quite happy to see ads on the ION as well.

School buses can be yellow for safety reasons (and also consistent branding reasons) while still having ads. How about it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by mpd618 - 01-13-2015, 11:22 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM