Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-20-2017, 08:24 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Jeff Oufit at his finest. He never shows his personal bias in his reporting

Far be it from me to defend Jeff Outhit, but the article that I saw is actually by Jeff Hicks, and I think it’s reasonably fair other than the incorrect reporting that construction delays are partly responsible for the late opening. Is there also an Outhit article? (an Outhicle?)
Has anyone else noticed the odd placement of some of the platform bike racks? I notice that there is one at UW that appears to be very close to the service road and crossing signals (and also in a prime pedestrian pathway).
(10-20-2017, 11:27 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 08:24 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Jeff Oufit at his finest. He never shows his personal bias in his reporting

Far be it from me to defend Jeff Outhit, but the article that I saw is actually by Jeff Hicks, and I think it’s reasonably fair other than the incorrect reporting that construction delays are partly responsible for the late opening. Is there also an Outhit article? (an Outhicle?)
Oops. Thanks for tghe correction. I see negative comments and Jeff. And it is an easy mistake lol
The Record has posted their article about the delay on Facebook three times so far. Impressive.
You'd almost think they're biased.
(10-20-2017, 03:40 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: You'd almost think they're biased.

OMG. That is funny right there. You made me laugh out loud. Thanks
(10-20-2017, 12:02 PM)nms Wrote: Has anyone else noticed the odd placement of some of the platform bike racks? I notice that there is one at UW that appears to be very close to the service road and crossing signals (and also in a prime pedestrian pathway).

Yes, that was identified when the amenities started showing up back in July.

Here is a more recent photo of the Willis stop's bike racks. Longer bikes will hang over the pedestrian access way a touch here too, but not like at UW.

It's like making a 100 spot vehicle parking lot and installing bollards in the middle of 20 of the spots.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Something I've only just spotted, going over some photos: at Allen station, the big sign on the tile wall just says 'Allen', but the platform-level signs read 'Allen Street'...
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
Which? If it's the directional/wayfinding signs, that makes sense - since they're directing you to the "thing". If it's the actual station name flags that are on every light post... that's a huge mistake!
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
[Image: 1npm.jpg]
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
Oh my god.
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain