Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Not so; Calgary has a great elevated section and I enjoyed exploring Edmonton's system, too. Ottawa's will be neat because the stations are so elaborate. But light Rail is just very low in my interest in the technology spectrum because it is so light on infrastructure, you know what I mean? What is there to our system except a bunch of bus-shelter like bare-bones stops and the tracks - I just personally like massive, concrete guideways and such (Tolouse/Lille VAL, Tokyo's waterfront Yurikamome, Morgantown PRT...). In the end I accepted us getting LRT over other technology choices since my "consolation prize" was at least our trains would be by Bombardier, and look great. The thought of running anything else on it makes me cringe.

Sure, you might think the above is ridiculous, but I'm a transit enthusiast, not a daily user, so try and remember that. I know 98% of people couldn't care less or wouldn't even notice a change in vendor for rolling stock.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 02-16-2015, 08:07 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM