Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Was it a breakdown or tow for illegal parking?

There's a cop car behind the tow and I didn't see any driver standing around so I assume a tow for parking on the tracks.
(05-18-2018, 10:21 AM)goggolor Wrote: There's a cop car behind the tow and I didn't see any driver standing around so I assume a tow for parking on the tracks.

Also, they probably wouldn't need a flat bed for that type of car.
Depends on the transmission. I know on my smart cdi with its automated manual gearbox, it must be flatbed towed. Towing it wheels-down will destroy the gearbox.

(Not that any company towing for illegal parking with no driver present would care about such a technicality Tongue)
(05-18-2018, 06:48 PM)Canard Wrote: Depends on the transmission. I know on my smart cdi with its automated manual gearbox, it must be flatbed towed. Towing it wheels-down will destroy the gearbox.

(Not that any company towing for illegal parking with no driver present would care about such a technicality Tongue)

Wouldn’t it be OK to tow it with those little wheels that tow trucks carry? I would have thought that the important point is not to attempt to turn the wheels (at least, not very much — it might be OK to yank it maybe a car-length to get it out of a tight corner?).

Also I’m confident towing for illegal parking is done very carefully. I’m pretty sure the tow operator is liable for any damage to the target vehicle.
(05-16-2018, 06:20 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: Thursday Offload perhaps?

Actually it was Friday (yesterday):

(05-19-2018, 04:30 PM)KevinT Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 06:20 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: Thursday Offload perhaps?

Actually it was Friday (yesterday):

It would have made more logistical sense to do it Thursday so that the flat car could be well on it's way back by now

(05-19-2018, 04:35 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: It would have made more logistical sense to do it Thursday so that the flat car could be well on it's way back by now

They've got two of them, this vehicle arrived on JTTX 157623, the previous one on JTTX 966024.
...and, we won't see the next one for a little while. All of the vehicles we have here now will get the In-Cab Signaling components installed here... the remainder will all be installed in Millhaven. So it doesn't really matter how fast the flatcar gets back.
Another classic from the Woolwich Observer  Dodgy

[Image: mJb4iRL.png]
Um, what are they implying has occurred here? That's just pointless hyperbole, by the looks of it.
I think you nailed exactly that. And I find such vapid commentary so frustratingly common right now...but it's sad to see it in an actual publication.
Sad but not surprising: WO isn't exactly a friend of the LRT.

(05-20-2018, 12:26 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Another classic from the Woolwich Observer  Dodgy

Why would they even care? Not like any of their readers tax money is going towards the LRT. Kinda like The Record posting something about a TTC extension.

What the hell is wrong with the people in this region? Too much toxicity.
(05-20-2018, 04:58 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 12:26 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Another classic from the Woolwich Observer  Dodgy

Why would they even care? Not like any of their readers tax money is going towards the LRT. Kinda like The Record posting something about a TTC extension.

What the hell is wrong with the people in this region?  Too much toxicity.

Seems like many people don't know that--which bugs me to begin with.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »