Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-07-2018, 10:05 PM)Canard Wrote: Lots of testing action happening tonight! It started at about 6pm. I think there’s now only one LRV out. PS, LimeBike scooters make a great way to chase along!

Is anyone else laughing a little bit picturing Canard chasing an LRV on a scooter??

It happened!! Big Grin

(11-07-2018, 11:10 PM)Canard Wrote: It happened!! Big Grin

It looks so nice at night
That's so cool. Thanks for posting
https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1534507

Do they close Frederick & Duke to motor vehicle traffic during the Remembrance Day Ceremonies?
Yes. I think they even put bleachers up on the street.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Then it seems quite obvious that testing would be suspended for a few hours, no?

This just reeks of the media trying to whip people up some more.

Worst case once a year they run shuttle busses between cedar and GRH and do a short turn for the few hours
Eeeeexactly. Total non issue/non-event. But drama!!
Seems like that's exactly what the media is doing, twice in one day!

https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-new...GQVbq4RRNo

It's a non story, but yet there's a story written.
(11-08-2018, 03:57 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Seems like that's exactly what the media is doing, twice in one day!

https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-new...GQVbq4RRNo

It's a non story, but yet there's a story written.

You'd think they would have read the news release that pretty much stated that the lost jobs were mostly from Bombardier Aerospace and not from Bombardier Transportation
(11-08-2018, 02:40 PM)Canard Wrote: Then it seems quite obvious that testing would be suspended for a few hours, no?

This just reeks of the media trying to whip people up some more.

It barely needs mentioning this year - the ceremony is on a Sunday and testing isn't mandated to be daily.

Next year will be interesting, as the system will be running and the ceremony on a weekday. I'm picturing the intersection closed to other vehicles, and crowd barriers on either side of the tracks with designated crossing points. During the main ceremony trains can hold at the Frederick platform for a bit.
They will likely stop service and replace with busses - or short-turn at Cameron and Green with a bus interlink.

No testing/training tonight it seems.

A trackmobile was being unloaded from flatbed truck this morning at the OMSF, i predict a delivery in the next few days!
So there is another delay..until the spring. What the heck is going on? Seriously...atrocious amounts of delays. I know with such a grand project of its magnitude, could they not have predicted a more accurate timeline of train delivery, testing and launch? What was the original launch date?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »