Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-20-2015, 10:12 PM)Canard Wrote: The tracks have been out for more than a week now, at least - last weekend, it was a massive chasm.  I have to imagine that CN is likely getting anxious to have their track back... especially if there's a daily night train that needs to use the tracks, as we've seen reported elsewhere.  So it could be that this is the 88-hour push, but what's another day when it's already been down for at least a week, is kinda what I'm thinking.

I don’t know exactly what they have done and when, but I’m pretty sure there have been trains this past week. We think of tracks as permanent but to crews with the right tools, it’s not hard at all to put in a temporary track and rip it out again a few days later. The train passes about 30m from my house so I tend to notice when there are and are not trains running.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 06-21-2015, 07:29 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM