Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
663 Victoria Street South
663 Victoria Street South
Project: the property currently has 1 house on it. The plan is to have a 7-floor apartment building with 92 units. 659 Victoria is going to combine with 663 to create the new development. No current renders.

current property:

permits:

the houses have been demolished and there is now an excavator from Delvcon on site digging around.

https://www.delvecon.com/index.php

That's kind of out of the blue. Glad to see some development along that part of Victoria.
Today they installed a gravel patch at the back of the property. It looks like it will be for a site office or the start of a ramp. They also dug more making a big pile at 3:30.
Does anybody have any ideas as to why they put a bunch of broken up concrete in the front of the property's?
Potentially removed as part of the site prep and it's just waiting for pickup.
It's not from demoliton I watched it being delivered
Maybe someone illegally dumped there load of waste for free.....

it was dumped by a dump truck. so that's why i was asking.
(05-03-2019, 09:18 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote: it was dumped by a dump truck. so that's why i was asking.

Yes,  so what I mean is, A driver picked up a load and to make more money, dumped it on a site illegally to avoid paying dumping fees.  That way he gets more money for the load.
the hole is now up to the road along Victoria at about one story below grade. they have gravel all the way along to ruffly the edge. the entrance to the parking seems to be from the driveway to the left side. since the site is on a hill the back of the property will look like 8 floors instead of the 7 from Victoria. I am thinking the back will just be columns on the parking floor than the wall starting further back. as it gets into the hill. (basically from the end you can look at all the cars).
if my source is correct Fred Kau Plumbing and Heating will be doing the plumbing ( they are the same people that did 100 Vic tower 1 and are currently doing Arrow lofts phase 2 and Williamsburg walk phase 2 along with a bunch of towers in Hamilton.

the first concrete pour happened today at the site. rebar has been going in all week and the site is booming with activity.
Large heavy crane at the back of the foundation today
With only the main floor complete (with precast sections) the crane sat for over a week and is now gone!!

(02-06-2020, 09:42 PM)white_brian Wrote: With only the main floor complete (with precast sections) the crane sat for over a week and is now gone!!
No surprise there there was no progress for two weeks at a time once this first got started. There still aren't any renders for this project right? Or is it that I'm just blind.
Game on, they are back on. Crane was working today
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »