Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
99 Columbia St W | 7 fl | Proposed
99 Columbia St.
Development Address:  99 Columbia St. Waterloo

Development Website: https://www.walterfedy.com/projects/99-c...opment.htm

Developer: 101 Columbia Developments Inc.

Architecture and Engineering: Walterfedy

99 Columbia St E -- right?
No, quite sure it's West.
Duh, that makes sense -- it's Lexington in the other direction!
(06-08-2019, 09:46 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Duh, that makes sense -- it's Lexington in the other direction!

Google shows 99 Columbia East as the final address before Columbia turns into Lexington at Marsland.
I like the look of this project.
Was looking on Google maps and 99 Columbia W is at the corner with Albert

Pretty much the perfect size and massing for that spot
Wasn't there already a plan for development on that corner?

Edit: I guess that plan is no more. Here is where it was talked about: http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...0#pid33680

A link to the zone change application: https://web.archive.org/web/201711241233...St--W-.asp
Seems a bit strange that for around 100 units, in a family area, by parks, there are just 2 two bedroom units. Barrier-free one bedrooms sound good, but mostly only for a single person, instead of aging couples, unfortunately.
I hope that *something* gets built there. I'm tired of the current lack of property maintenance.
(07-12-2019, 12:10 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Seems a bit strange that for around 100 units, in a family area, by parks, there are just 2 two bedroom units. Barrier-free one bedrooms sound good, but mostly only for a single person, instead of aging couples, unfortunately.

I really wouldn't call it a family area, the neighbourhood is 99% students. I think the only customer of a premium building in that area will be faculty, and the fact they're okaying living near students suggests they're probably young. I feel it's a reasonable reflection of the neighbourhood, especially when most other buildings in the area have mostly multi-bedroom units.
(07-12-2019, 12:10 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Seems a bit strange that for around 100 units, in a family area, by parks, there are just 2 two bedroom units. Barrier-free one bedrooms sound good, but mostly only for a single person, instead of aging couples, unfortunately.

Why would barrier free one bedroom units be for a single person instead of aging couples?

Students, particularly graduate students, often have families including children (and in some cases, aging parents) who come with them for the 2-7 year stretch that it might take to get from starting a Master's degree to finishing a PhD. Not every student is a single person.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »