Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
King-Victoria Transit Hub
(05-05-2023, 12:38 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 12:13 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I thought it was only a 66% majority for material changes to the common elements (which depending on how the condo is structure, is what parking could be defined as.

But I think the point remains...it would be extremely difficult and extremely risky.

If you look on the Kitchener GIS system, the west building (410 King) has dozens of parking spots individually drawn. The borders of the condo corp don't even go around the parking lot.

Yes, but ... based on the Kitchener ownership database, all those parking spots and areas appear to be owned by 45 Victoria St Limited. Is that the condo corporation, or is that a separate company? It could even be that 45 Victoria St is a parking-only condo corporation, and thus a Kaufman loft owner would need to also buy a parking unit in the other condo corporation.

If it's a separate condo corporation, then the parking is no longer common elements, and I think redevelopment of the parking would likely require the entire corporation to be sold.

There's some drilling going on today, but one truck belongs to A&B Rail so I'm unsure if it's related to this project or if they're just doing something else.
(08-23-2023, 04:05 PM)ac3r Wrote: There's some drilling going on today, but one truck belongs to A&B Rail so I'm unsure if it's related to this project or if they're just doing something else.

Probably got to show some progress before DoFo comes to town in Sept for his rally!
Regional councillors approve $19.75 million land deal for new transit hub: https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/the-missing...-1.6758684

Hopefully a sign that they'll get to work on this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »