Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
King and Victoria Intermodal Station
(10-13-2017, 08:03 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 07:51 AM)BrianT Wrote: I expect that it will be awhile, since the awarding of the project was just recently confirmed. I don't know how long it takes to put a design together, which would need to be approved by the Region.  The other levels of government would probably need to have some input too.

The project wasn't awarded yet!  The consortium will still need to respond to the RFP, even if they are they only ones in the running.  The city might not be able to choose another bidder, but they would still have the option to not proceed if they don't like the proposal.

Quote:The King Victoria Transit Hub Partners Inc. (a consortium of three companies) successfully responded to the Region's Request for Qualifications call for building the new transit hub at King and Victoria Streets, and has qualified to participate in the Request for Proposal process.

You are right. I misread that.
A more pertinent question was what option were the potential bidders presented with? Low, Mid, or High density?
An RFQ is about proving the company can build something, ie prove their track record and experience. I would guess that since EllisDon is involved that they can show a track record for developing large projects but the RFP will likely show all 3 options if that is what the region wants for proposals. AFAIK they haven't picked one yet.