Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(06-22-2019, 09:41 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 09:22 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I'm getting confused by this sub-thread. Do you mean that the city would build a parking garage next to Jack Burger? Or something else?

No -- I had heard of another tower being planned next to Jack Burger. I was wondering if it was related to the first two towers.

Not related. See here for a (so far short) thread on this project:
http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...p?tid=1417

Saw what looked like rebar being offloaded on my walk to work this morning.
How many floors is this next tower expected to be? The building permit info had 24 but I see other posts indicating 22?
The permit info that you provided at #270 said 24 storeys.
According to this article, (if you check out the map and click on each development) Young condo is going to be 26 storeys! https://www.therecord.com/news-story/944...ur-cities/
I find there's sometimes differences in how it's described, like total floors vs floors in the tower
Scaffold-protected pedestrian walkway is now up along the King St frontage.

(06-25-2019, 05:57 PM)PassTheBruce Wrote: Scaffold-protected pedestrian walkway is now up along the King St frontage.

The trees near King St were being cut down this afternoon as well.
Is the laneway beside the Multicultural Centre remaining, or does the bulding footprint cover that?
Only if the developer chooses to have a laneway there, and I suspect it will not be the case. I don't know how much setback the new or existing buildings will have, though.
As originally proposed there was supposed to be a pedestrian passageway or arcade from King St into the courtyard, no?
Many changes since the original proposals …
(06-25-2019, 05:57 PM)PassTheBruce Wrote: Scaffold-protected pedestrian walkway is now up along the King St frontage.

Including in front of the old convenience store:

Oh, is the convenience store coming down?
(06-26-2019, 04:46 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Oh, is the convenience store coming down?

Yes, there's a demolition permit issued for it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »