Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Got some good views from street level today. I particularly like how the podium along Young has been scaled.

[Image: wfOB9Vf.png]

[Image: BjW95wk.png]

[Image: h7khHm8.png]

[Image: PCuwV2R.png]

Walking by this building last night, I saw about a dozen cars in the parking garage. Are people living here now?
The workers are parking there now. They have security staffed now so that would account for a couple vehicles. Maybe some others are working really late? I don't think anyone is living here yet.
On the south side of the building, I saw furniture on some of the balconies and some lights on. It sure seems like people are living there!
I know someone who picked up their keys last week. They haven't moved in yet, but I bet others have!
Can anyone update on current sales numbers? must be 90%+ sold?

Also, assuming it's almost sold out, how long from now will it take to get actually occupied?
Thumbs Up 
I have to say that this project took quite some time to come into fruition however, well worth the wait.  I think it looks great and will be a great addition to the continued rejuvenation of the Kitchener core.  well done..

(01-17-2016, 04:35 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I have to say that this project took quite some time to come into fruition however, well worth the wait.  I think it looks great and will be a great addition to the continued rejuvenation of the Kitchener core.  well done..

In 2010-11, when the sales office opened, I observed a lot of pessimism about whether the developer could find enough people wanting to pay good money to live in downtown Kitchener. And it really did seem like a long wait between sales and construction- construction has proceeded at a practically blistering pace, though.

I agree with you that it was well worth the wait. I'm really curious whether in the future we'll see the City of Kitchener's sale of this land for this development as an important catalyst for downtown's renaissance.
(01-17-2016, 05:37 PM)MidTowner Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 04:35 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I have to say that this project took quite some time to come into fruition however, well worth the wait.  I think it looks great and will be a great addition to the continued rejuvenation of the Kitchener core.  well done..

In 2010-11, when the sales office opened, I observed a lot of pessimism about whether the developer could find enough people wanting to pay good money to live in downtown Kitchener. And it really did seem like a long wait between sales and construction- construction has proceeded at a practically blistering pace, though.

I agree with you that it was well worth the wait. I'm really curious whether in the future we'll see the City of Kitchener's sale of this land for this development as an important catalyst for downtown's renaissance.

I remember them talking about putting a new library on the block then UW students had a crack at some designs for the site, then there were some early renderings and finally ten years later it's almost done. I think we'll see a dramatic change in the core because we finally have two large condo projects bringing a ton more foot traffic downtown. 

As a side note, this is easily the nicest tower architecturally, to go up in the region since it's neighbour went up in 1993.
(01-17-2016, 06:27 PM)Lens Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 05:37 PM)MidTowner Wrote: In 2010-11, when the sales office opened, I observed a lot of pessimism about whether the developer could find enough people wanting to pay good money to live in downtown Kitchener. And it really did seem like a long wait between sales and construction- construction has proceeded at a practically blistering pace, though.

I remember them talking about putting a new library on the block then UW students had a crack at some designs for the site, then there were some early renderings and finally ten years later it's almost done. I think we'll see a dramatic change in the core because we finally have two large condo projects bringing a ton more foot traffic downtown. 

As a side note, this is easily the nicest tower architecturally, to go up in the region since it's neighbour went up in 1993.

I would have a great deal of difficulty coming up with a strong argument against you.
Lens Wrote:As a side note, this is easily the nicest tower architecturally, to go up in the region since it's neighbour went up in 1993.

High praise but its a low bar. I also agree with you.
Is City Centre almost ready for occupancy? I see a lot of ads posted on Kijiji promising 01 March availability.
(02-08-2016, 01:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Is City Centre almost ready for occupancy?  I see a lot of ads posted on Kijiji promising 01 March availability.

I would not be surprised, it's looking good.

Interesting to note that the City Centre marketing material has a brand new logo. Possibly a hint at launching sales for the second tower?
(06-13-2016, 06:51 PM)Lens Wrote: Interesting to note that the City Centre marketing material has a brand new logo. Possibly a hint at launching sales for the second tower?

I was wondering about that just the other day - it seems to me that they need to get to pre-sales by the end of this year if they want to take advantage of the development fee waiver that ends in 2019.   The local economy looks promising for this year and next, but I'm assuming it could take them a year (or more) to hit their pre-sale target.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »