Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micromobility 2021+ (bikeshare, scootershare)
It's more of a general complaint about how suburban city managers think life ends for 5 months a year. No park maintenance, no pedestrian street closures, bike gutters become snow storage, etc.

I have to assume that the Neuron project was so micromanaged by the Region that they just told them to not run in winter, not that it was an actual profit/loss decision by Neuron.
local cambridge weirdo

(12-30-2023, 02:57 PM)bravado Wrote: It's more of a general complaint about how suburban city managers think life ends for 5 months a year. No park maintenance, no pedestrian street closures, bike gutters become snow storage, etc.

I have to assume that the Neuron project was so micromanaged by the Region that they just told them to not run in winter, not that it was an actual profit/loss decision by Neuron.

This is a fair point, and yeah, cycling is very much treated as a recreational activity that stops after September.
Does anyone know when the Neuron bike share thing will be back for 2024? I'm assisting with a short documentary on these sort of bike share things that will be exploring the funding behind these projects, namely the venture capital and big investment banks. The girl producing it wants to film a few clips in the style of cyclist filmmaker Terry B's short film called City Bike Boyz, so we think it would be funny to rent a couple and do some shooting downtown...would save a trip to the GTA that's for sure.

(03-16-2024, 08:25 PM)ac3r Wrote: Does anyone know when the Neuron bike share thing will be back for 2024?

The most precise I've heard is "in April". https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/Modules/...22a83b9af8
Nice, earlier than I expected. Hopefully they will release a specific date. If in April anyone sees some people downtown wrecking Neuron bikes, doing tricks and filming it, it's probably this haha.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »