Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(02-09-2019, 12:39 AM)nms Wrote: Did anyone else get an ear worm of "Eight days a week..."?

I wonder which day they'll add a flight.

The additional flight will be operated on Friday. The new flights are visible and available for booking on Westjet's website.

YYC -> YKF: 13:15-18:49
YKF -> YYC: 19:45-21:51
WestJet flight from Region of Waterloo International Airport cancelled due to Boeing ban

It's so easy to be pessimistic about YKF.  To WestJet and others, our airport is of no consequence.  I do hope this changes this year although I have no reason to think that it will....
This is a permanent cancellation??
(03-15-2019, 10:01 AM)Spokes Wrote: This is a permanent cancellation??

I don't think it is but given the history of YKF one can never be sure.
All 737 Max 8 flights are cancelled. It’s a temporary ban until they find out what happened...
(03-15-2019, 01:11 PM)Canard Wrote: All 737 Max 8 flights are cancelled. It’s a temporary ban until they find out what happened...

Find out what happened … and until the various civil aviation authorities approve the proposed fix,

It looks as though West Jet is using a 737-600 on the Calgary route now. Flights appear to be operating as usual.
(03-18-2019, 10:51 AM)Chris Wrote: It looks as though West Jet is using a 737-600 on the Calgary route now. Flights appear to be operating as usual.

That's good! That means we are not the lowest-volume route on the WestJet route map. Smile
According to my itinerary that I received in January, when I purchased my April WestJet roundtrip out of YKF, the trip was booked to be a 600 one way and 700 the other way combo. I doubt that the route was in line to receive the Max 8s anytime soon. The planes were probably pulled back to fill holes left by the Max 8s elsewhere.
Air Canada has now removed the MAX 8 from their schedules until the end of June. I expect that it'll be at least that long before the MAX 8 is allowed to fly in Canada again, so WestJet is likely doing similar route planning.
(03-19-2019, 11:40 PM)nms Wrote: According to my itinerary that I received in January, when I purchased my April WestJet roundtrip out of YKF, the trip was booked to be a 600 one way and 700 the other way combo.  I doubt that the route was in line to receive the Max 8s anytime soon. The planes were probably pulled back to fill holes left by the Max 8s elsewhere.

Your itinerary matches my recent flights on the route. I was just happy the flight wasn't gone for long while they readjusted their planes after the ban.
I was surprised we were impacted by the max 8 issue at all

(03-25-2019, 10:10 AM)Spokes Wrote: I was surprised we were impacted by the max 8 issue at all

There is little spare capacity in the system, so pulling out a whole type of aircraft is going to have second-order effects for sure, even if none of the flights are directly affected.

I was flying YVR-YYZ two weekends ago. There were standby lists of 50. Of course that also coincided with the end of March Break.
Oh that makes sense. Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »