Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
From the CBC: Air Canada announces Hamilton to Montreal direct flights

Quote:Airline plans twice-daily flights between 'Ontario's Golden Horseshoe' and Montreal...

Air Canada announced Wednesday it'll launch new flights direct between Hamilton and Montreal beginning in May. 
The flights are scheduled to leave each airport twice daily except Saturday, which will have one flight each way. 
The airline says it timed the flights so passengers could connect with flights to Atlantic Canada and Europe.
This is really good news for Munro, and exactly what I would like to see here in Waterloo: daily or even twice-daily service to Montreal to offer all of the choices of connections that would bring. After Ottawa, I think Montreal is the most useful and most realistic destination to add here.

I would myself happily pay a bit extra and endure a connection in Montreal for the ability to fly to Europe from Waterloo Region- it’s often a premium to fly direct from Pearson to many final destinations there anyway. Not to mention that it would open up options for travelers to many Atlantic Canadian cities, too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by MidTowner - 02-03-2016, 03:46 PM