Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(02-04-2016, 10:02 PM)Canard Wrote: Mirabel Sad

Such a beautifully futuristic airport. One of only 3 to use the mobile lounge concept (CDG and Dulles are the others).

Mobile lounges (AT-ATs!) are not terribly convenient. The ones at Dulles were made in Quebec though. Also, Mirabel was pretty far out of the way and there weren't a lot of good ways to get there.

(02-04-2016, 11:29 PM)ookpik Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 08:46 PM)plam Wrote: I think people like to rag on Air Canada because it makes for a convenient target. As tomh009 and SammyOES write, it is way better than US airlines, which are terrible. LH has felt like it's had tighter seat pitch than AC but they are both in the 31"-32" range. LH may be more consistent at 31" than AC. It really isn't that bad.
LH/OS/LX mitigate tight seat pitch using thinner seat backs. I think they also limit the maximum seat back incline angle. Perhaps that's now also true of newer AC planes. Don't know because I try to avoid them.

Also at one time only AC charged atrocious ~$600 surcharges on reward travel. You could book the same flight on a LH ticket and get charged ~$100 instead. That was true even if the LH ticket was for code-shared flights operated by AC. Then AC applied pressure on LH and now both airlines impose the same ~$600 surcharge regardless. I won't forgive AC for that. 

And of course even with oil at $30 a barrel the only change is that the term "fuel surcharge" has now changed to "carrier surcharge." But that's not unique to AC.

Yes, you don't actually want to redeem points for international economy on AC etc. It just doesn't make sense. Business practices aside, the in-flight experience on AC is, I find, comparable to other carriers in the space and better than US carriers.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by plam - 02-05-2016, 05:28 AM