Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(05-07-2015, 08:26 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 10:40 PM)YKF Wrote: I got an email from Bearskin Airlines today containing a link to a survey titled "Re-introduction of Bearskin Airlines Air Service to Ottawa." They're looking into introducing flights from YKF to Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport in Gatineau Quebec.

Your first sentence perked me up as I would be an occasional user.  The Gatineau airport is not a very attractive option, but better than nothing I guess.
Seeing the title of the survey perked me up as well, until I started going through it and realized that they weren't planning on using YOW.
I agree with you that this service is better than no service, as it'll bring in business to YKF and provide another destination for local passengers.
The survey asked whether using Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport instead of Ottawa International Airport would make me less likely to use the service. I indicated that it wouldn't make a difference, but mentioned that YOW has the potential to act as a connecting airport, with aeroplan miles to be collected on a connecting Air Canada flight. None of that would be possible if they fly into Gatineau. Not to mention the transportation options at YOW vs. Gatineau. 

I seem to recall reading that YOW was a big reason why the YKF-YOW service was terminated (high airport fees?). Does anyone else remember this?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by YKF - 05-07-2015, 01:32 PM