Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
Little Caesars at the Nutrition House? Big Grin

The Hungry Ninja at 26 Regina St N (in the old Extraordinary Baby Shoppe) is moving to the Spurline Crossing Plaza (55 Erb St) in to the old Diapers'N'More space (the unit closest to the Spurline trail/Laurel trail intersection) at the end of the month.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
They tend to occupy former baby-themed spaces. Curious.
Seems McCabes in uptown is now open.

Was quicker than expected.
Anyone been yet?
(07-21-2017, 12:15 PM)Spokes Wrote: Anyone been yet?

I went. Great conversion of the space. Menu is similar to DTK McCabes, but a few things are different/simplified. Great spot!
Working Centre's second (?) coffee shop now open at 256 King St E:

Lou Dawgs' sign is up:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Zone change application for a Tim Hortons drive-through at Erb & Ira Needles: http://www.waterloo.ca/en/living/5-Westhill-Dr-.asp

I like the realism of that drawing - 17 vehicles lined up for the drive-through and no cars in the parking bays. It's like a proposal and social commentary all wrapped up in one! Wink
(08-08-2017, 12:10 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I like the realism of that drawing - 17 vehicles lined up for the drive-through and no cars in the parking bays.  It's like a proposal and social commentary all wrapped up in one!  Wink

The comment is on the harsh reality that those 17 cars will get their orders before a single walk-in customer. It's pretty frustrating to walk in, and then see the dozen people behind the counter ignore you for several minutes as they serve countless cars first.
^ 100% agree. I've been annoyed more and more recently by this.
(08-08-2017, 01:02 PM)Markster Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 12:10 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I like the realism of that drawing - 17 vehicles lined up for the drive-through and no cars in the parking bays.  It's like a proposal and social commentary all wrapped up in one!  Wink

The comment is on the harsh reality that those 17 cars will get their orders before a single walk-in customer.  It's pretty frustrating to walk in, and then see the dozen people behind the counter ignore you for several minutes as they serve countless cars first.

I think it depends on the establishment. I’ve sometimes had success parking and going in to get my food. In and out quickly while the car lineup moves along slowly.

(08-08-2017, 11:01 AM)highlander Wrote: Zone change application for a Tim Hortons drive-through at Erb & Ira Needles: http://www.waterloo.ca/en/living/5-Westhill-Dr-.asp

I predict much use of that internal road to rat run around the roundabout at Ira Needles and Erb. At least it's long enough that the line up of cars shouldn't spill out onto the road itself like it does on Davenport in Waterloo, Hespeler/Water St. in Cambridge, and every other Tim Hortons location.  Dodgy
(08-08-2017, 04:16 PM)PhilippAchtel Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 11:01 AM)highlander Wrote: Zone change application for a Tim Hortons drive-through at Erb & Ira Needles: http://www.waterloo.ca/en/living/5-Westhill-Dr-.asp

I predict much use of that internal road to rat run around the roundabout at Ira Needles and Erb. At least it's long enough that the line up of cars shouldn't spill out onto the road itself like it does on Davenport in Waterloo, Hespeler/Water St. in Cambridge, and every other Tim Hortons location.  Dodgy

It should be exit-only onto Ira Needles. That would eliminate that problem.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »