Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(01-22-2016, 08:28 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: There are three 10+ story buildings right across the street, and another at the other end of the plaza.
There is Lincoln Heights (up Lincoln), and residential behind the plaza, and along Weber (both sides) north of Lincoln. Also both sides (and back from) along Weber south of Erb, with nothing like the kind of place I'm describing in that area either.

If someone puts a bar in the Bridgeport Plaza, I'll meet you there sometime for a beer. I don't like sports much, but I agree with you that it's great to have a sports bar in one's neighbourhood to have a few beers once in a while and maybe run into neighbours. One of the closer places to me was Kubby's, which didn't have a lot to recommend it (in my opinion) but was somewhere where I could reliably find someone from my block on a Friday or Saturday, before it was torn down.

I'm not sure the location on Bridgeport is going to be a big draw for neighbours from Lincoln Heights or the Mary Allen neighbourhoods, for the reason that it is such an unwalkable location that, even for clientele within walking distance, it will be competing with places much further away. I walk to Bridgeport Plaza for groceries or food, but I don't think most people do- and I don't blame them. Weber and Bridgeport both, but particularly the latter, are very unfriendly to people on foot. I love the idea of strolling out to a local and not having to worry about parking or having another beer, but the walk to Bridgeport Plaza is not going to be a pleasant stroll for most people.

That having been said, I'd be happy to be proven wrong, and a bar at this location would get some of my business, too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by MidTowner - 01-25-2016, 09:25 AM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM