Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
I approach the plaza from the southwest. I guess because of the odd geometry of the Moore/Bridgeport intersection, the crosswalk is a bit to the east, which means someone coming from the west has to jog east, cross, then jog west back to the sidewalk near the Bulk Barn; with motorists leaving the plaza in a hurry, crossing the driveways can feel dangerous. To be honest, though, I find the plaza itself not terribly poorly-designed: the sidewalk near Bulk Barn comes very close to the sidewalk on Bridgeport. In many plazas like this, all destinations are surrounded by a sea of parking with no provision for people on foot to get across it. It’s obviously not great, and it would have been so much better to simply have the buildings against the road with the parking behind, but it could be worse.

I never bike to the plaza because the way the one-way Erb and Bridgeport work, I think I’d have to take Weber to obey the rules, which I dislike (bicycling on either Erb or Bridgeport isn’t appealing to me, either). Crossing Bridgeport stinks, but it doesn’t dissuade me from walking to the plaza; I bet it does many other people, though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by MidTowner - 01-25-2016, 10:06 AM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM