Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
I do eat at the Metro relatively often (at least compared to most other local restaurants). As neonjoe says, it's really Central European (Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary) home cooking. I don't find the presentation "poor" but then my expectation at the Metro is "home cooking" so I am not disappointed. My wife enjoys the cabbage rolls (I'm not a big cabbage roll fan myself), we both like the schnitzels (non-stuffed variety, lots to choose from at the Metro) and the goulash and chicken paprikash are also good. Friends and colleagues have also enjoyed the pig tails (again, not my thing).

If the people were expecting haute cuisine, they were in the wrong place. But I have never had food at the Metro that I have even considered sending back.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by tomh009 - 04-29-2016, 08:41 AM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM