Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(02-23-2018, 12:00 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 08:49 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Thanks for that! What were the prices like- for instance, what was the price of the poutine? Did it seem good value generally?

And is it vegan, vegetarian or somewhat omnivorous?

I think it's completely vegan, the menu said 100% plant-powered. The price for a burger was a bit higher than I'd expect, around 10$ but it seemed like it was prepared fresh that day with organic ingredients so that jacks up the price... and the bun, I don't know if they bake them fresh or they just had a delivery but it was really good. Next time I go I'm going to buy one on the side! I guess the non-GMO and organic aspect of all the food jacks the price up. I know it's a big deal to many vegans but I think GMO and non-organic are a-okay.

The large poutine was 11$ or so and it half of it was too much food for me along with the burger. My partner and I barely finished all our food... we just ended up laying around all afternoon with the itis. I even took my dessert home, since it was already in a container... they also had a bunch of grab-and-go type stuff in a cooler with the drinks. If one just had a burger it might not be enough food. I'm a big dude that loves eating so I wasn't expecting to be stuffed from the small burger and half the poutine. I don't go out much but it was a nice treat... a better value might found at a burrito place or my usual go-to is Guanaquita
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by clasher - 02-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM