Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(03-05-2015, 10:45 AM)jamincan Wrote: I used the McDonalds coke machine yesterday and the options are a bit overwhelming. There has to be something said for eliminating options in some cases though. Do we really need the option of drinking Coke Orange or Raspberry?

I didn't use it at McDonald's, but they're popping up at a number of Subways in town.  I'd never even thought of or heard of some of these options.  Vanilla Root Beer?  Really?

From burritos, to the Perimeter Institute, to all-you-can-eat (yuck!) to pop machines. All in under ten posts. I like this general thread!
I agree! The location on Highland @ Westmount had it!
The Mcdonalds at Columbia and King has it as well. I'm a big fan of options like Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke, but some of these sound like they are simply available because they have the ability to produce the flavour with the new machine. Perhaps I'll have to actually try orange-flavoured coke before dismissing it though.
Union Burger in King St and Water St in downtown Kitchener also has one of these multiple choice coke machines.
They were the first one I noticed in town
McD's on Victoria North, King/Wellington, as well as Ottawa/River all have the Freestyle. I assume it will be rolled out to all the restaurants soon enough.

Nothing wrong with a little Lime shot w/ my Coke Zero!

(03-05-2015, 08:49 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: McD's on Victoria North, King/Wellington, as well as Ottawa/River all have the Freestyle.  I assume it will be rolled out to all the restaurants soon enough.

Nothing wrong with a little Lime shot w/ my Coke Zero!
Ottawa/Alpine also has it. Fischer Hallman and Max Becker just got it too.

As for Pepsi Spire I know of the following subway locations
Highland Hills
Ottawa at Weber
Ottawa at River
My wife and I enjoyed an amazing meal at Janet Lynn's last night, for our anniversary. The last time I had visited was at least 11 or 12 years ago, when they were on King St. I love the new location, with the exposed brick full service bar. It is little less formal than I remember the King St version to be. It is pricey, but well worth it and I discovered a new beer, Grimbergen Double Amber, heavenly. The more I visit Belmont Village, the more I love it.
(03-15-2015, 10:34 AM)schooner77 Wrote: My wife and I enjoyed an amazing meal at Janet Lynn's last night, for our anniversary. The last time I had visited was at least 11 or 12 years ago, when they were on King St.   I love the new location, with the exposed brick full service bar.  It is little less formal than I remember the King St version to be.  It is pricey, but well worth it and I discovered a new beer, Grimbergen Double Amber, heavenly.  The more I visit Belmont Village, the more I love it.

Will look to try this beer soon ... ORIGIN > Carlsberg: Grimbergen Doubled Amber. A Belgian beer
The "Darlise Cafe", the long-awaited replacement for Misty Mountain at 33 Queen St S has taken down the paper covering it's exterior windows. It looks like they're getting close to opening.

[Image: CAk8wI0WYAAOz9y.jpg]
[Image: CAk8wcTWQAAaZsp.jpg]
(03-20-2015, 11:05 PM)Markster Wrote: The "Darlise Cafe", the long-awaited replacement for Misty Mountain at 33 Queen St S has taken down the paper covering it's exterior windows. It looks like they're getting close to opening.

[Image: CAk8wI0WYAAOz9y.jpg]

I was starting to think it would never happen.  I wonder if they expanded into the basement - from the photo it looks practically unchanged from Misty Mountain, so I'm not sure what took so long.
The Record is reporting that Imbibe will be closing on July 1st.  They were apparently unable to negotiate a new lease with THEMUSEUM, which was looking to increase the rent.  It is not clear from the article whether Imbibe will open in a new location or whether the owner, Bill MacTavish, will concentrate on the Boathouse.

(03-24-2015, 09:25 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The Record is reporting that Imbibe will be closing on July 1st.  They were apparently unable to negotiate a new lease with THESMUSEUM, which was looking to increase the rent.  It is not clear from the article whether Imbibe will open in a new location or whether the owner, Bill MacTavish, will concentrate on the Boathouse.

Ridiculous.  This is a great venue for eating.  I love the food and the atmosphere.  This is a big mistake on the part of The Museum.  They think they will get someone else who will pay "fair market value"  Get real, Although changes are doming, Downtown Kitchener is still fragile.  Clearly the people making the decisions are way out of touch. And what ever happened to supporting your partners that were there from the beginning. Subject to not knowing all the facts, I hope this is not a case of greed for the museum to make more money....
(03-24-2015, 10:35 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 09:25 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The Record is reporting that Imbibe will be closing on July 1st.  They were apparently unable to negotiate a new lease with THESMUSEUM, which was looking to increase the rent.  It is not clear from the article whether Imbibe will open in a new location or whether the owner, Bill MacTavish, will concentrate on the Boathouse.

Ridiculous.  This is a great venue for eating.  I love the food and the atmosphere.  This is a big mistake on the part of The Museum.  They think they will get someone else who will pay "fair market value"  Get real, Although changes are doming, Downtown Kitchener is still fragile.  Clearly the people making the decisions are way out of touch. And what ever happened to supporting your partners that were there from the beginning. Subject to not knowing all the facts, I hope this is not a case of greed for the museum to make more money....

"Need" more than "greed", I'd think.  THEMUSEUM's own finances are not exactly stellar.

There are a number of locations that would be good for the "New Imbibe", if there were to be one, including the former Entertaining Elements location and the former Casablanca location (too large perhaps?).

This reminds me - has anyone heard anything about where the Together We're Bitter pub will be located?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »