Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(02-24-2019, 04:29 PM)clasher Wrote: Abe Erb has a bunch of low-hop beers with real character... Kölsch, Hefeweizen... a real English mild, a few stouts/porters on tap in Kitchener. When I homebrewed a decade ago I found the same thing, everyone was all about making hop-bombs and it seemed like malt-forward beers or anything that wasn't high IBU was like second-class beer. I don't know how if that scene has really changed or not but it seemed to me like everyone was just trying to make bigger, stronger, more alcoholic brews.

Kölsch and Hefeweizen are good. Altbier would be nice, too. Czech pilsners, bitters, milk stouts -- I enjoy most of them, but rarely see them at craft brewers.

I just checked Abe Erb's list, and the selection looks pretty good. Given that Abe Erb is also in DTK, I think I can make that my destination once my current beer inventory runs low. Smile

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by tomh009 - 02-24-2019, 10:26 PM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM