Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
387-397 King St E and 6 Madison Ave | 2 & 8 fl | U/C
(08-17-2019, 09:05 AM)panamaniac Wrote: The placement of the fence in the photo above makes me wonder whether they might be planning to build something smaller than the "rest of the block" render that we've seen?

The latest site plan showed two buildings with a small gap between them. The part that's fenced was the retail/office, and the other building was residential. I'm guessing they've already got a signed lease with B&T to relocate, so they're moving ahead with that first.

Site plan was back at https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...9#pid65419

Ahh, I had missed the change to two separate buildings. This makes sense then. I think it will be an excellent location for B&T - wonder who will redevelop the site they currently occupy? Wink
I also missed that when it was first posted. I like that there's a pedestrian path to Charles - easy LRT access!
(08-17-2019, 12:24 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 09:05 AM)panamaniac Wrote: The placement of the fence in the photo above makes me wonder whether they might be planning to build something smaller than the "rest of the block" render that we've seen?

The latest site plan showed two buildings with a small gap between them. The part that's fenced was the retail/office, and the other building was residential. I'm guessing they've already got a signed lease with B&T to relocate, so they're moving ahead with that first.

Site plan was back at https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...hp?tid=206&pid=65419#pid65419

I do believe B&T is the owner (and developer) of this project. Unfortunately I can't dig up any references to support this right now.
(08-17-2019, 01:32 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Ahh, I had missed the change to two separate buildings.  This makes sense then.  I think it will be an excellent location for B&T - wonder who will redevelop the site they currently occupy?  Wink

Combining with the property next door (450 and 470 King St E) would make for a very nice development opportunity. With the LRT and the current activity in this area, I think we'll see development here sooner rather than later.

Equipment on site.

Great to see so much activity in the East end. Thanks for the updates!

I haven't noticed it before today, but it looks like there is fencing up around the houses on Madison and Cedar that are scheduled to get demolished.
(08-20-2019, 05:36 PM)BruceAshe Wrote: I haven't noticed it before today, but it looks like there is fencing up around the houses on Madison and Cedar that are scheduled to get demolished.

See the thread here:
https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...p?tid=1408
(08-20-2019, 10:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 05:36 PM)BruceAshe Wrote: I haven't noticed it before today, but it looks like there is fencing up around the houses on Madison and Cedar that are scheduled to get demolished.

See the thread here:

Isn't that the one on the other side of Charles (behind Cameron Heights)? The fencing I saw is part of the plan for the development of the new B&T site.
(08-21-2019, 06:23 AM)BruceAshe Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 10:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote: See the thread here:

Isn't that the one on the other side of Charles (behind Cameron Heights)? The fencing I saw is part of the plan for the development of the new B&T site.

You're right. I suspect tomh009 misread Madison and Cedar as Madison and Church, which is the location of the Node development.
(08-21-2019, 09:33 AM)taylortbb Wrote: You're right. I suspect tomh009 misread Madison and Cedar as Madison and Church, which is the location of the Node development.

Yes indeed; sorry about that.

As my act of contrition am posting photos of the demolition -- it did not take them very long!

Pictures forgive all!

Does demolition of the houses on Cedar imply that the apartment building part of this project will be proceeding sooner rather than later?
panamaniac Wrote:Does demolition of the houses on Cedar imply that the apartment building part of this project will be proceeding sooner rather than later?

Possibly, but generally a site is fully cleared before any work starts.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »