Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
I must be going crazy, but where has the "Search" button gone?

Quick Search doesn't really work, but there used to be a "Search" button, I thought, that went to a very detailed page with lots of parameters... was it removed?

I removed the button. I haven't had any issues with the quick search. It functions the same way as the search link did. What's hasn't worked with it?

There's also a search link in the Quick Links at the bottom of the page.
Ah, thanks - the search link at the bottom goes back to the good search - thanks for that.

The quick search I just find there's no way to really search for anything. It either returns nothing, or way too much, and it's just too difficult to use or figure out what you're looking at. Can't use booleans, quotes, etc.
Search for "Bombardier Flexity Freedom" using the quick Search for example. It shows you four threads.... some with hundreds of pages. Then what are you supposed to do?

With the detailed search (link at bottom), you can narrow it to a forum, from a poster, and show by posts - much more useful to drill down to exactly what you're looking for.
You're right, the other link essentially gives you advanced search options
I can't log in on desktop right now. IE 11 on Windows 7 (at my workplace, so within a Citrix session and other under IT-set circumstances).
I gave it a try on a couple computers at work, and my phone, and no issues. Anyone else?

What's it saying?

(10-04-2018, 01:20 PM)Spokes Wrote: I gave it a try on a couple computers at work, and my phone, and no issues. Anyone else?

What's it saying?

I'm using the desktop version now. MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra, Safari.
It tries logging in but just times out without success. No error message or anything.
Still doing it?

Does your work limit the internet at all? I don't know why it would impact this, but could be related.
It's working now, not sure what changed.
So weird. Glad you're back
...can you please change the default number of posts per page back to 15?

If reverting is not a viable option for whatever reason, you can adjust the number of posts per page in the UserCP settings > Edit Options > Thread View Options.
(10-10-2018, 03:53 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: If reverting is not a viable option for whatever reason, you can adjust the number of posts per page in the UserCP settings > Edit Options > Thread View Options.

15 isn't an option there - it's 10, 20, or more.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »