Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
(10-10-2018, 03:57 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 03:53 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: If reverting is not a viable option for whatever reason, you can adjust the number of posts per page in the UserCP settings > Edit Options > Thread View Options.

15 isn't an option there - it's 10, 20, or more.

Yes, 15 can only be selected at the site level.

I will change it back to 15, but I'm going to leave it at 10 for the next week to make some observations. Can you hang in there? It's temporary.
Interesting. This post i made yesterday is messed up on mobile, but if I switch to "desktop" mode it's fine.

And it won't let me attach files from mobile so no screenshots till I go to my computer Sad

Edit: it turned out to be the YouTube outage as to why my post didn't display right but it still does not explain why I can't attach photos.
Does it let you go through the attaching process but just doesn't attach them?
(10-17-2018, 05:52 AM)Spokes Wrote: Does it let you go through the attaching process but just doesn't attach them?

Yes. Exactly. For what it's worth I use firefox mobile.
I'll look into it.
Chrome doesn't seem to have an issue so far.
Firefox has recently started saying my connection for this site is insecure. I've had trouble with my dns lately so maybe the problem is on my end?

On desktop clasher?

I'll have to install Firefox and test it out
I see certificate problems with Firefox and Chrome.
It's not flashing red lights at me, but if I click the address bar in Chrome this pops up:

[Image: CtftsHF.png]
Is this new?
Nothing's changed lately
I was just following up on timc's note, I have no idea how new it is.
I don't believe HTTPS has ever worked on this site, but browsers are getting more aggressive about flagging plain HTTP as insecure.
Also, google for instance demotes search results from sites without working HTTPS.
The hosting provider I use for my personal site turned on automatic free HTTPS about 6 months ago.

Oh ok.  
You get that on all sites that aren't listed as https://..... I think

Maybe I need to look into getting that?
Yeah, it's not a specific problem of the site. It's just that Chrome is now taking a hard line on vanilla http. Nothing is broken.  But it's fair in that it points out that whenever you log in, your password could be passed over the internet in plaintext. (The forum software might do client-side password hashing, but I don't know)

Spokes, if you want to get a cert, then your best bet is to check out https://letsencrypt.org/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »