Welcome Guest!
WIn order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Retail News
There's already a Food Basics at Franklin and Saginaw/Holiday Inn Drive, so it would be surprising if they did.

With a large Zehrs only five minutes away, the odds were not in their favour.
Part of the Metro could be turned into a No Frills apparently.
(11-24-2014, 09:03 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Sail opens in Cambridge on November 26, I am looking forward to checking it out.

Stopped by there today, quite impressive. Amazing footwear selection, quite a good variety of other stuff as well; the hunting/fishing gear is all upstairs if that's not your thing, which is kind of nice.
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
(11-30-2014, 03:04 PM)greybird Wrote: Part of the Metro could be turned into a No Frills apparently.

The always higher prices in METRO stores likely caused its demise.

No Frills is a Loblaw corporate brand.
The Cash Store at King and Queen Sts seems to have closed (again). I hope the closure is permanent this time.
B&T Supermarket (450 King St E) will be re-opening on December 18th. Glad to see them back!
(12-15-2014, 03:17 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The Cash Store at King and Queen Sts seems to have closed (again).  I hope the closure is permanent this time.

I think there was an article in the Record a few months back saying that entire building was up for renovations. The bar was moving out, no more tenants in the apartments upstairs. Anyone else remembers this?
There was a Record article about the upper floors of that section of the building being converted into offices, but it was pretty vague about what would happen on the ground floor.  I don't recall anything about the bar being closed.  The Cash Store corner would make a good retail space or coffee shop, I would think.
I think there was some news of that particular chain of cash stores going under.  They were closing multiple stores in Ontario.

I believe this is unrelated to the proposed changes to the building.
The new Beer Store at King and Francis Sts has been stocked up, so should be open any day now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads...
  Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) The85 187 86,150 09-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Last Post: rangersfan
  Gateway Park/Sportsworld Retail Area The85 34 24,765 03-18-2017, 12:23 PM
Last Post: rangersfan