Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Retail News
(05-21-2017, 08:04 AM)timio Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 05:43 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Petromart at Spadina and Highland has been rebranded Esso.

And there goes the (usually) cheapest gas in KW.  Next best price is typically the Pioneer on 7 towards Guelph.

On the upside, it gives me a much-closer location for Esso, to get ethanol-free (premium) gas.

I drive little enough that I don't chase the lowest price.

Is The Brick near Sportsworld closing? I can't tell if the "Everything must go" language on the sign is just dramatics or if they mean it.
(05-28-2017, 09:27 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: Is The Brick near Sportsworld closing? I can't tell if the "Everything must go" language on the sign is just dramatics or if they mean it.

Seems like it's for good. I saw a "final days" sign added to the "Everything Must Go" sign this weekend.
I wonder what will be going in. More multi-storey commercial?
The closed down Heathy Foods and More store on Devitt in Waterloo has recently become a Fiddleheads.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Steve's TV and Movieworld are closing in the Frederick St Mall. They will open a small storefront for their installation business. I'm slightly surprised, given how recently they moved into the mall from the free-standing building next door. That's a(nother) pretty significant hit for that mall.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/737...utomation/
(06-15-2017, 10:18 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Steve's TV and Movieworld are closing in the Frederick St Mall.  They will open a small storefront for their installation business.  I'm slightly surprised, given how recently they moved into the mall from the free-standing building next door.  That's a(nother) pretty significant hit for that mall.

Steve's TV was very busy this morning with bargain hunters.   I also noticed that the stamp store beside the barber shop is under major renovation.  It will be a dental clinic.  

It's almost time to change the name Frederick Mall to Frederick Medical Centre.

(06-15-2017, 01:09 PM)jgsz Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 10:18 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Steve's TV and Movieworld are closing in the Frederick St Mall.  They will open a small storefront for their insllation business.  I'm slightly surprised, given how recently they moved into the mall from the free-standing building next door.  That's a(nother) pretty significant hit for that mall.

Steve's TV was very busy this morning with bargain hunters.   I also noticed that the stamp store beside the barber shop is under major renovation.  It will be a dental clinic.  

It's almost time to change the name Frederick Mall to Frederick Medical Centre.

Indeed, what's in there now?  A couple of family medicine teams, an optician, a dermatologist, a spa, and now a dental clinic.  Plus the pharmacy.
There is still a grocery store and cinema.
Steve's TV closure explained:

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/737...t-500-000/
I was told by one of the clerks at the King Street West LCBO location (soon to be knocked down for Sixo) that they will be moving to the block between McCabe's and Dallas. She didn't know when exactly. She said employees have been told that there will be parking spots for both staff and customers.

If true, I can't think of a better location for them.
That would be wonderful!  Perhaps on the main floor of the proposed six storey office building on the "south" side of King (which, however, seems to have disappeared from the radar screen ... ).

Edit:  Or did you mean literally on the "north" side between McCabes and Dallas?  That would likely mean 320 (the old Caesaria).  Small, but OK I guess.
She did mean the north side. She alluded to a "redevelopment" that would include an "upscale restaurant" and their location. I would have guessed 334, which is a pretty large building (currently has a massage parlour and a t-shirt store).

It was announced last year that the parent company of Mac's, Couche-Tard of Quebec, would be rebranding stores to 'Circle K', a well-known American brand that they purchased recently.

The transformation has begun - here's Block Line and Strasburg:

[Image: JM53dSg.jpg]
+ Activa/Max Becker was changed over too
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »