Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Retail News
Yep, the fences are up. I hadn't realized that McCabe's "Cork Room" was part of the building that is becoming the LCBO, but it is.

/\ That's too bad. The Cork Room is a good downtown venue for live music. Sad
(03-23-2018, 11:44 AM)robdrimmie Wrote: Yep, the fences are up. I hadn't realized that McCabe's "Cork Room" was part of the building that is becoming the LCBO, but it is.

I was wondering about that, it's definitely part of the building so I didn't know what the plan was.

Hopefully McCabe's has an alternate idea in the works.
Here is the link to The Record article about the new LCBO. So we know that the current LCBO at 607 King St is staying open until the fall, so I guess we are not likely to see much progress on the Sixo development this summer.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/836...christmas/
I think this is the best thread for this.

Tesla eyeing Kitchener for dealership

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/837...s.facebook
Sigh, despite the story covering the fact that Tesla uses corporate stores rather than dealerships they still used dealership in the title.

As a Model 3 reservation holder it sure looks like good news though.
Assuming Tesla can keep the lights on long enough to open the Kitchener store ... they are bleeding cash like there is no tomorrow.

(04-05-2018, 11:46 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Assuming Tesla can keep the lights on long enough to open the Kitchener store ... they are bleeding cash like there is no tomorrow.

? They're bleeding cash?
(04-05-2018, 03:43 PM)jordan2423 Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 11:46 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Assuming Tesla can keep the lights on long enough to open the Kitchener store ... they are bleeding cash like there is no tomorrow.

? They're bleeding cash?

They lost approximately $2B in 2017, and about $700M in the last three months alone. They'll need to issue more shares or bonds to keep funding operations, they don't have nearly as much cash as, say, Uber (which also has huge losses).
(04-05-2018, 05:30 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 03:43 PM)jordan2423 Wrote: ? They're bleeding cash?

They lost approximately $2B in 2017, and about $700M in the last three months alone. They'll need to issue more shares or bonds to keep funding operations, they don't have nearly as much cash as, say, Uber (which also has huge losses).

They released production numbers just a few days ago at http://ir.tesla.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1062670 and as a part of the release stated
Quote:Tesla does not require an equity or debt raise this year, apart from standard credit lines.

You're definitely right that they're burning through cash right now getting Model 3 production up and running, but they're finally starting to see significant revenue from Model 3 sales which should improve the situation significantly.
(04-05-2018, 05:48 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 05:30 PM)tomh009 Wrote: They lost approximately $2B in 2017, and about $700M in the last three months alone. They'll need to issue more shares or bonds to keep funding operations, they don't have nearly as much cash as, say, Uber (which also has huge losses).

They released production numbers just a few days ago at http://ir.tesla.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1062670 and as a part of the release stated
Quote:Tesla does not require an equity or debt raise this year, apart from standard credit lines.

You're definitely right that they're burning through cash right now getting Model 3 production up and running, but they're finally starting to see significant revenue from Model 3 sales which should improve the situation significantly.

I saw that, too. I don't think it's credible, though: they haven't managed to be profitable on Models S and X (which should be easier) and Model 3 has tighter margins. On top of that they need to spend billions if they are going to expand Model 3 capacity, or build plants for Model Y or the semi.

Anyway, we're a bit off topic. And in this case no one really knows, though. But personally, while Model S is a lovely car, I wouldn't touch Tesla stock with a 3.048m pole!
Henry's Camera has opened at Fairway and Manitou.
Demolition on the new LCBO site has begun.

I still think this is a missed opportunity. It should have been a higher density (4-6 stories and no gap in the street wall) so close to Ion. Just when we are closing one gap on the other side another is opening up.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

At least it's a small gap! Smile
I am very perplexed by a new business opening up in the small Plaza at Weber and Lincoln. It's called Phamily Pharmacy, and will be in what was Koffee Korner.

What I find perplexing is opening a pharmacy when both Sobey's and Walmart (both across Weber) have pharmacies, but more so that just across Lincoln is a pharmacy at Shopper's Drug Mart which NEVER closes. Granted, I don't have an MBA, but this strikes me as a very bad business plan with regards to location. It has been suggested that maybe this new place will be a medical marijuana dispensary, but I do wonder.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »