Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Retail News
Just saw a sign at the old Westin's Bakery Outlet announcing the future home of Crosby Volkswagen.

(05-31-2019, 12:29 PM)Chris Wrote: Just saw a sign at the old Westin's Bakery Outlet announcing the future home of Crosby Volkswagen.

Wow … they have been at their current location in the east end of Kitchener for over 50 years and now are moving closer to downtown. Another statement of confidence in DTK.
I wonder if the plan is to split the dealership. Audi stay at Weber and Franklin and VW move to Victoria. Hard to say cause both brands have seen growth in the area
(05-31-2019, 02:23 PM)white_brian Wrote: I wonder if the plan is to split the dealership. Audi stay at Weber and Franklin and VW move to Victoria. Hard to say cause both brands have seen growth in the area

They have already opened KW-Audi so I would think this is a straight VW move.
(05-31-2019, 02:35 PM)Chris Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 02:23 PM)white_brian Wrote: I wonder if the plan is to split the dealership. Audi stay at Weber and Franklin and VW move to Victoria. Hard to say cause both brands have seen growth in the area

They have already opened KW-Audi so I would think this is a straight VW move.

That's right. Audi has a big new operation near the BMW and Mercedes dealerships, just off Victoria near the Grand River.
With the new Tesla dealership and aforementioned ones by the grand river, the density along this stretch is increasing.  Now people can Shop just about most brands between there and the Guelph stretch oh Highway 7
Sorry I had forgotten about the Audi dealership at the Grand. I just remembered that Crosby used to sell both Audi and VW.
I wonder if they are planning to develop the Weber and Franklin location. The potential of development at the Howard Johnson property proposed a while back comes to mind

So is Weston's spot there closing?
It’s where the old factory outlet store was.
(05-31-2019, 01:32 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 12:29 PM)Chris Wrote: Just saw a sign at the old Westin's Bakery Outlet announcing the future home of Crosby Volkswagen.

Wow … they have been at their current location in the east end of Kitchener for over 50 years and now are moving closer to downtown. Another statement of confidence in DTK.

They looked at expanding in the current location but it was going to be difficult with a lot of compromises all while keeping the existing sales area going. Plus in a new location they can expand and modernize the garage which is the cash flow king of any dealership.
A reminder that this Wednesday will be the first of four weekly mid-week markets at the Kitchener Market, from 4pm to 8pm. There will be around 20 vendors and the food hall will be open. Hope everyone can get out and support the return of the long-awaited Wednesday Kitchener market.

https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-new...er-1518648
Hopefully we'll see a return of the Uptown Waterloo Thursday market one day - it slowly died over the last 2 years of construction and doesn't appear to be back this year.
In the meantime, the Kitchener Market's just a short Ion trip down the road! Smile

I go to the Kitchener Market every week, but having a market Uptown mid-week to re-stock was fantastic - and the small vendors at the Uptown Waterloo market had things that I've never seen at the Kitchener market.
(06-22-2019, 12:59 PM)goggolor Wrote: I go to the Kitchener Market every week, but having a market Uptown mid-week to re-stock was fantastic - and the small vendors at the Uptown Waterloo market had things that I've never seen at the Kitchener market.

And probably vice versa.

Hopefully both will be viable -- possibly (eventually) year-round -- as our urban population increases.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »