Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Sports and Recreation News
General Sports and Recreation News

Interesting piece in today's Record about a new indoor baseball training facility, Playball Academy Canada, opening this weekend down near Conestoga College.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5235...-baseball/
Heading out to the Rangers game tonight and for the life of me, I can't remember whether the concession booths are strictly cash or you can use credit or debit. Anyone know?
(02-06-2015, 11:20 AM)schooner77 Wrote: Heading out to the Rangers game tonight and for the life of me, I can't remember whether the concession booths are strictly cash or you can use credit or debit.  Anyone know?

Interac/Visa/Mastercard are accepted at the places that sell Pizza Pizza and burgers etc same with the Rangers Team Shop.
However, I think beer is cash isn't it?
I've never used beer as cash, but it is an interesting concept! Wink
That certainly would bring more meaning to "liquid assets".

For those with big appetites who also enjoy running, there is a new race in the Waterloo Running Series. On March 28, as part of the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival, they will be hosting the 2015 Pancake Mile. Each participant runs 4x400 meters eating one pancake prior to each lap.

Frankly, the concept sounds horrendous. One mile is easy enough, but running with four pancakes in my stomach sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
(02-20-2015, 03:50 PM)jamincan Wrote: For those with big appetites who also enjoy running, there is a new race in the Waterloo Running Series. On March 28, as part of the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival, they will be hosting the 2015 Pancake Mile. Each participant runs 4x400 meters eating one pancake prior to each lap.

Frankly, the concept sounds horrendous. One mile is easy enough, but running with four pancakes in my stomach sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

http://www.beermile.com/

Four beers, four laps
Are these normal size pancakes (~3-4" across) or EMSF size pancakes (~12" across)?
How big is a 50g pancake?
(02-23-2015, 04:24 PM)nms Wrote: Are these normal size pancakes (~3-4" across) or EMSF size pancakes (~12" across)?
And have they, or have they not, been completely saturated through with maple syrup?

The only time I've been to the festival, they poured wayyyy too much syrup on my pancakes, rendering half the plate unpleasant, and the other half inedible.
Same here, the pancakes I had were mealy and tasted like old corn flour.

According to the rules, they are 50g pancakes and you can add maple syrup if you like, but you don't have to. If you throw up, you have to run an additional penalty 400m. If you throw up multiple times, you still only have to run one penalty lap.
I wonder if they check for empty mouth in addition to plate. Otherwise, stuff it in your mouth, spit it out, run an extra 400m, and maybe that's better?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »