Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
30-40 Margaret Ave | 3 fl townhouses | Planned
(03-06-2020, 12:26 PM)Spokes Wrote: That would be fantastic and definitely doable.  They would like the parking lot back there right?

It'll be a (private) park and garden -- including a bocce court!

The parking will be underground, entrance from the end of the building nearest Queen St.

I thought there was an above ground visitors lot, no?
(03-08-2020, 04:04 PM)Spokes Wrote: I thought there was an above ground visitors lot, no?

I finally located the book ... yes, you are right, there are 16 above-ground visitor spaces, with entry from the opposite side of the building, furthest away from Queen St N.
Fencing went up last week and many mature trees came down.  It looks like construction will start soon.

That's too bad @ mature trees
Construction commence?
(06-18-2020, 09:18 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Construction commence?
Last time I biked by the construction fence was gone and no equipment was on site. I think there might be a bit of a delay on this one.

Bump - equipment on site yet or nah?
(07-26-2020, 10:14 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Bump - equipment on site yet or nah?
Nothing on Site. No construction fencing up currently
Looks like this project isn't happening anymore. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...oser=false

Sorry for the neighbourhood association Facebook page link, but I can't get any Avenue M pages to work.
At least they cancelled this fairly quickly rather than leaving pre-buyers on the hook for years. There are others in the pipeline that I suspect will not go ahead unless/until there’s more certainty in the economy. Shame about the big empty site on Margaret though.
Even more shame because they already did the grading (and cut down the mature trees).

I don't know what the specifics were of their financing requirements as they did have a strong majority of the units sold already. But I do think this is the first official project cancellation in the region since COVID arrived six months ago.
This is an unfortunate cancellation. I really liked the look of these buildings. The units were a decent size too. It seems weird that it has been cancelled, since the first phase sold out rather quickly. The development company must have some financial issues going on. I wonder if they will try to sell the land to a developer. Maybe the city would be interested in purchasing it and developing a decent sized urban park. I am sure the site will have something planned for it sooner rather than later. It is a great location.

I wonder what this means for other announced projects that have not yet started.
The location is indeed stellar - something will be built here soon. I'd guess something similar to what was planned, as it has all the planning permissions, but we can't say for certain.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »