Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph
Highway 7 Expansion
Kitchener to Guelph
2015-20??

[Image: OKcqnckn.png]

Looks like we have a few promising details!

Quote:The Ministry of Transportation has released more details about the impending expansion of Highway 7 – including when and where construction will begin.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/province-has-begun-expropriating-properties-for-highway-7-expansion-1.2069443#ixzz3H5E7uKpg

Seems to be some confusion in the video clip about the Victoria Street bridge replacement, I can only assume this is the replacement (widening) of the bridge over the expressway to allow the new road configuration below.
Do we have a confirmed map of the project?
(10-24-2014, 02:03 PM)Spokes Wrote: Do we have a confirmed map of the project?

Attached Files
.pdf   frederick-expresswayclean.pdf (Size: 730.2 KB / Downloads: 1,027)
Thanks!
Here are two more maps showing the full length of the project. Not sure how current these are but they should be close! The Wellington interchange appears like it will be one major undertaking the more I study the layout... Looking forward to it getting started!

Attached Files Image(s)

Has there ever been an update on the Hwy 6 timeline? There seems to be progress, or perhaps progress in my imagination, when I am through that way.

(10-24-2014, 03:59 PM)JCnb Wrote: Here are two more maps showing the full length of the project. Not sure how current these are but they should be close! The Wellington interchange appears like it will be one major undertaking the more I study the layout... Looking forward to it getting started!

It looks like a partial stack interchange heading to and from highway 7, and a partial clover interchange heading to and from Wellington. 
Completely packed by 2025 and calls from Jeff Outhit and PST to make it 4 lanes each way.
Isn't it going to be 4 lanes from the beginning?
It will be four lanes (ie. two in each direction). Clasher was being droll.
(10-25-2014, 10:42 AM)panamaniac Wrote: It will be four lanes (ie. two in each direction).  Clasher was being droll.

He was referring to the fact that Outhit came out strongly against four lanes for Ira Needles boulevard because "they were not needed", only to have to reverse himself three years later.

Any similarity to people claiming that the LRT "is not needed" (a group Outhit also belongs to) is purely coincidental.
(10-24-2014, 02:03 PM)Spokes Wrote: Do we have a confirmed map of the project?

Added to original post as well.

(10-24-2014, 07:39 PM)Drake Wrote: Has there ever been an update on the Hwy 6 timeline? There seems to be progress, or perhaps progress in my imagination, when I am through that way.

You mean to improvements to the Hanlon Expressway in Guelph?

An environmental assessment has been approved to close all and convert some of the at-grade intersections to fully grade-separated interchanges. However, there is no funding for this yet, and it's not currently part of the MTO's 5 year work-plan.
(10-25-2014, 01:11 PM)The85 Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 07:39 PM)Drake Wrote: Has there ever been an update on the Hwy 6 timeline? There seems to be progress, or perhaps progress in my imagination, when I am through that way.

You mean to improvements to the Hanlon Expressway in Guelph?

An environmental assessment has been approved to close all and convert some of the at-grade intersections to fully grade-separated interchanges. However, there is no funding for this yet, and it's not currently part of the MTO's 5 year work-plan.

Yes, thanks. As a Waterloo resident, it would be a lot easier to head East via the hwy 7/6 route rather than the current 7/8 set up.