Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hygate
Yeah i just laughed when I saw the name... makes zero sense.

Or the owners are clueless. People saying "Downtown Waterloo" drives me nuts. Uptown Waterloo is the city center district... officially!!
Unless you look at the sign on the highway, which says "Waterloo City Centre".
(02-28-2018, 11:51 AM)Watdot Wrote: Just came across this construction video today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffAvSmahArY

Pretty interesting views in that video.  Still don't quite get why all the dirt is being moved (or if it's being added or taken away)?
The project's website is down, not sure what that means.
Also noticed that beside this project is a similar project sign out front for a "professional medical building".
Work on site appears to have come to a halt, no work or equipment has been spotted for weeks now, if not months. Wonder what's going on!
(06-11-2018, 11:45 AM)JCnb Wrote: Work on site appears to have come to a halt, no work or equipment has been spotted for weeks now, if not months. Wonder what's going on!

Maybe someone finally informed them where Uptown is.

Sounds like the owners ran into money issues, hope to see the project start back up again soon under new ownership.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/876...-waterloo/
Hopefully a new name as well.
Construction vehicles moving around on site again today, hopefully this is starting back up after a year-long delay
It looks like this does have a new name

https://www.hygateliving.com/
Nice catch, I'll update
[Image: 7j1lOfi.jpg]

Well that's certainly a major aesthetic downgrade compared to what is on the first page.

It IS, but honestly, I'd say it fits with the area more. It's right next to the highway, next to a nursing home, and across from the burbs. The previous render had "lakeshore nightlife" vibes, which didnt really suit the neighbourhood at all
Certainly an aesthetic downgrade ( I like that phrasing) , as for the name anything other than the old name makes more sense.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »