Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sage Condominiums II | ?m | 25 fl | U/C
January 22, 2015

[Image: vrx6Glz.jpg?1]

[Image: I05MSGN.jpg?1]

Sage 2 is now up to the fifth story.
Am I seeing this right? That looks like ICF blocks, and not precast?
May 4, 2015

[Image: YMuY3md.png]

[Image: K8XbjMY.png]

[Image: X0gpAGN.png]
They seem to have flipped this project compared to the original render. In the render the tower was on the left side of the building with the podium breaking up the space between this and phase 1. Now, the tower seems to be on the right. Am I seeing this right?
Yeah that is a good assessment., it does seem mirrored from the original render.
(05-05-2015, 10:30 PM)rangersfan Wrote: May 4, 2015

[Image: K8XbjMY.png]

This photo makes the area look quite dense and vertical.

The website for Sage II is still advertising that move in will be September 2015. I am guessing that the project is only projected to be substantially completed by September and work will continue on the exterior with the building filled with residents.
That'll be nearly, if not completely, impossible.

I'm looking forward to seeing them try though.
July 21, 2015

[Image: ZknYKxD.jpg]

[Image: ecJNJOw.jpg]
Move-in for this project has been delayed to October 1st. Sage sent out a one-pager to leasers/investors delaying it.

[Image: fzpEkkH.jpg]
There are several other buildings with move in date September 1st that look like they are falling behind, such as 256 Phillip and the ones in Albert and University (any others?). What's your guess, will they make it in time?
I would say none of them will. These developers always over promise and people are left high and dry. Not the first time, won't be the last.

(08-21-2015, 08:46 AM)firex Wrote: Move-in for this project has been delayed to October 1st. Sage sent out a one-pager to leasers/investors delaying it.

Not a whole lot of notice, either.  Surely they knew this already a month ago.
Apparently, but I can't find any documentation, investors were told 1-3 months ago, and were told to notify their leaseholders. I'm not sure if IN8 was pushing to get partial occupancy for some of the leaseholders that weren't through the investors or not, but that wouldn't surprise me.

Regardless of the situation as a whole, they at least sent notice, gave options, and took responsibility. A bit of an accountability improvement over the One Columbia situation last year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »