Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Young (née Mayfair Hotel) | 5 fl | Complete
(01-29-2019, 10:32 PM)Spokes Wrote: Less no?  I thought it was mid-February?

End of February.

Thanks for clarifying.
The building permit (19-112541 CB) has now been issued. The city's rules for the development fee exemption say that construction must be "substantially under way" within six months.
That's a big factor. Not just for this project too. We're doing to see a ton of action this summer.
Some work happening on site today, looked like a small crane was taking down the I-beam remnants at the front of the property, but there was also a pile of new I-beams onsite as well. Pile driving soon?
Great news!
Finally!!

The city has announced Young Street alongside this lot will be closed from May 27 to the end of the year.
That's awesome road closure news! Smile
Closure having anything to do with this?
(05-22-2019, 08:07 PM)KevinL Wrote: The city has announced Young Street alongside this lot will be closed from May 27 to the end of the year.

My daily walk to work is getting even more interesting. I walk from around Lancaster/Frederick to King St near city hall every day. I have no shortage of projects to walk past and see how they are coming along which is fun. At the same time, I never know which sidewalks are going to be open (if anyone knows a better site than the city's road closure site that might list them please let me know). Once this closure starts that just leaves me with Queen St, although the road work on Weber may eventually make it more challenging. It's all good though. Watching the transformation of downtown is worth some small inconvenience.
Things are finally happening here. Looks like the pedestrian walkway thing is being built.
Young Street has been fully closed for construction staging

Yes! Finally!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »