Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Together We're Bitter
Note that they won't be serving food at that location until they decide to move to a space with a kitchen, so more brewery and less pub.

(09-17-2015, 12:26 AM)Lens Wrote: Note that they won't be serving food at that location until they decide to move to a space with a kitchen, so more brewery and less pub.

I'm disappointed as I had hoped for a microbrew pub.  300 Mill St is the industrial area tucked in behind Mill St at Heiman.
(09-17-2015, 09:04 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I'm disappointed as I had hoped for a microbrew pub.  300 Mill St is the industrial area tucked in behind Mill St at Heiman.

Oh- that sounded like Mill at Ottawa to me. That's a shame, I had really high hopes hearing that they were looking for a location downtown to launch both retail and restaurant.
(09-17-2015, 09:34 AM)MidTowner Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 09:04 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I'm disappointed as I had hoped for a microbrew pub.  300 Mill St is the industrial area tucked in behind Mill St at Heiman.

Oh- that sounded like Mill at Ottawa to me. That's a shame, I had really high hopes hearing that they were looking for a location downtown to launch both retail and restaurant.

So it'll be more like Innocente or Block 3. From King and Victoria, it's a single, 15 minute bus ride, so it's not the hardest bit of transit to get there, even if it now has to be a conscious decision to go.
About a 700m walk from the LRT platform at Ottawa/Mill
(09-17-2015, 10:48 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 09:34 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Oh- that sounded like Mill at Ottawa to me. That's a shame, I had really high hopes hearing that they were looking for a location downtown to launch both retail and restaurant.

So it'll be more like Innocente or Block 3. From King and Victoria, it's a single, 15 minute bus ride, so it's not the hardest bit of transit to get there, even if it now has to be a conscious decision to go.

I wonder if this means that Innocente or Block 3 might open at 8 Queen N?
(09-17-2015, 06:09 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 10:48 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: So it'll be more like Innocente or Block 3. From King and Victoria, it's a single, 15 minute bus ride, so it's not the hardest bit of transit to get there, even if it now has to be a conscious decision to go.

Decendants Brewery maybe? Since their location in Wellesley fell through....

(09-17-2015, 10:12 PM)neonjoe Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 06:09 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I wonder if this means that Innocente or Block 3 might open at 8 Queen N?
Decendants Brewery maybe? Since their location in Wellesley fell through....

Forgot about them.  The new "Imbibe" is still floating out there in terms of a new location, unless someone has heard something.....

Edit:  I see that Imbibe is doing a "pop up pub" at the former Marisol Restaurant next week, so maybe that confirms the rumour I heard some time ago that that would be Imbibes new location.
(09-17-2015, 06:09 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 10:48 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: So it'll be more like Innocente or Block 3. From King and Victoria, it's a single, 15 minute bus ride, so it's not the hardest bit of transit to get there, even if it now has to be a conscious decision to go.

I'd forgotten about that announcement.  Very good point.  That would be very exciting!  Anyone know if any of them wanted to have a brew pub?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »