Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
(12-11-2014, 03:38 PM)MidTowner Wrote: Thank you for the link to that post; that makes me more than a little excited to read that. I've been very sceptical about HSR since it was "announced" during the election, but what he says makes a lot of sense, and he's not wrong to characterize HSR as an "increment" to what is already happening on the Kitchener-Toronto corridor. That's a useful way of framing it.

I guess it depends on progress of electrification, and whether/when Kitchener is given increased Go service to build and demonstrate demand.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic here, but I always felt that the HSR had a somewhat higher ring of truth coefficient as compared to say, the numerous empty promises of highway 7 to Guelph.

Not to say it will happen very soon, just saying that it wasn't as much pie in the sky as the highway 7 promise was in the 1990 or 1995 elections.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by BuildingScout - 12-11-2014, 05:15 PM